In this 14 minute podcast interview, I interview special guest, Steven Whittington, Chief Product Owner, CorePlus on:
- What is secure messaging?
- How does it work?
- Can it be trusted?
- What are the costs involved?
- How can I use it to create competitive advantage for my specialist, GP or allied health practice?
Click here to listen to the interview:
Benefits of secure messaging
Secure messaging will change the ways that private practice operates, but in a good way. It will:
- Make the fax machine obsolete
- Create meaningful exchange of data between secure systems (it takes the clinical fields from one system and transfers it to another with confirmations for both parties)
- Patient data can be transferred without having to be printed or sent via fax
- Information is protected by HL7 which is military-grade encryption to ensure absolute privacy
- Clinics using secure messaging will appear on a register and this will likely boost referrals
Your secure messaging application will look like an inbox with messages that have been sent and have come in. For allied health you get a PDF with a referral. Imaging and pathology results can be transferred as well.
Secure messaging explained in diagram format
Steven has also produced a set of slides that explains Secure Messaging in much more detail. Click here to access the slides.
For more information
For assistance with your patient communication or marketing, please contact me on 0417 602 390 or email megan[@]marketsavvy.com.au.