In this interview, I talk with Jacintha Bell from LifeWorks Occupational Therapy about the important work her practice delivers in the fields of mental health, chronic pain and chronic conditions where there is a strong focus on managing the condition.
Jacintha talks about:
- The importance of early intervention
- Using preventative measures
- The importance of people with long-term mental health conditions staying well in the community
Occupational Therapists support people with mental health conditions to improve or manage sleeping, playing sport and any other activities of daily living that are meaningful to them by overcoming barriers with appropriate support, skills, equipment and strategies.
As a business owner Jacintha shares:
- That having a degree doesn't necessarily prepare you for being a private practice owner
- It is important to learn how to run a business effectively and look after the people you employ
- You need to recognise your worth as a therapist and be able to have conversations with clients about money
- The importance of investing in ongoing business systems and learning efficient management processes
Jacintha is a past student of the Allied Health Marketing Academy.
For more information on LifeWorks OT visit: https://lifeworksot.com.au/
Thank you for the great work that you do and enjoy your day.