Did you know that Google has a whole host of free tools that are quick and easy to use? Plus, these tools will boost your search results and they are all FREE.
The most important tool that Google offers is the Google My Business listing. Every business needs to have one of these - it is the second most important digital tool after email and your website.
When you set up your Google My Business listing, you increase the chances that somebody will find you when they are searching for your company, product or service. Plus you will appear in the Google Maps listing even if you don't have a physical address. This is perfect for people who work from home (and want to supress their home address) or for mobile services.
Note - if you previously used Google Places or Google+ Pages Dashboard to manage your business information, your account has been automatically upgraded to Google My Business.
To set up your listing you simply include:
- The suburbs where you are based or the suburbs where you work
- Your hours of operation
- Your service categories
- Images of your products and services
- The basic information for your free Google website will be taken from your Google My Business listing
- Edit your site with text, photos and design themes
- Choose a domain and make your site live
- You can also list your upcoming events on your Google website so they appear on your Google Maps results
- You can also link your photos on your Google website to specific areas of your website to encourage enquiries and sales
- Use your mobile number so you can quickly and easily verify your Google listing. Otherwise it will be posted to you and they will ring a landline with your authorisation code and it could get missed
Reviews are key to speeding up trust with your brand, products or services and to encourage enquiries and sales. Here are some tips on how to get reviews:
- Remind your customers to leave reviews by sending them the link in your email footer, via SMS (where appropriate), in conversation and on your invoices
- Reply to reviews and thank your customers for taking the time to provide their feedback
- If you do receive a negative review, provide the person your email or mobile number publicly and ask for the opportunity to rectify the situation offline
For more information on marketing your brand, products or services, please contact Megan Walker: firstname.lastname@example.org.